Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All This BeautyBlender Hype!

The current "beauty fad" is an obsession with the BeautyBlender makeup sponge. YouTube and review sites have been going crazy over this thing! But has anyone stopped to check the price?!
The BeautyBlender runs for about $20 at Sephora! It's a small, egg-shaped sponge that is used for applying makeup. It can be used with the BlenderCleanser, also available at Sephora. 
BeautyBlender from Sephora. Photo from Sephora.com
Personally, I can't understand paying that much for a sponge! So I hit up YouTube to find some reviews or dupes. GossMakeupArtist on YouTube is a good go-to for the truth on product hype (plus his accent is great). He said that many companies have taken a very similar, if not exact same, sponge and taken off the $4 tag, charging $20+! This makes it seem like you can get a great dupe for way less money, which is wonderful news for me!
Monster Bundle blenders. Photo from Amazon.com


I have to admit that I'm curious about this brightly colored, egg sponges so I scoured Amazon for a comparable product and found the Monster Bundle blenders that come four for $10! (Free shipping with Amazon Prime! Single sponges are available, but you pay almost $5 for one.) When I found these, I went to the trusty YouTube and looked up some reviews and comparisons. They were all great reviews that recommended this product, especially if you have a budget! I ordered these yesterday so hopefully I'll be able to do a review soon! If you've used either the original BeautyBlender or a different version of it, let me know! Tell me what you thought of it!
I haven't tried the original BeautyBlender, so I won't be able to compare the products, but hopefully I can tell you whether or not it's worth the low price!

Other Info:
BeautyBlender on Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/beautyblender-P228913?skuId=1151869
Monster Bundle Blenders on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Monster-Flawless-Blender-Foundation/dp/B0092SVTGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360688322&sr=8-1&keywords=monster+bundle+sponges
GossMakeupArtist Video on Sponges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_1PoAk7mJs


 

No comments:

Post a Comment