Thursday, February 7, 2013

Covergirl Clean Liquid Makeup Review and Swatches

My bottle of Covergirl Clean Liquid Makeup. 220 Creamy Natural.
Some Background:
Covergirl is a brand found in most drugstores. Their Clean Liquid Makeup comes in three types: Normal, Sensitive, and Oil Control. Within in these types there are many shades for all skin types which can be found online and in stores.

The Product:
Covergirl Clean Liquid Makeup is a liquid foundation that boasts a subtle look, but full coverage. My product is in the Sensitive Skin formula and color "220 Creamy Natural." I found that the other formulas had a strange, chemically smell, but the Sensitive formula is odorless.

How It's Supposed to Work:
This foundation should go on smoothly and blend into your perfect shade. The Covergirl website says that the product is also light on your face and "goes on easily." The Sensitive Skin formula is fragrance- and oil-free, geared towards those with dry or sensitive skin. If you do not have any problems with dry, oily, or breakout-prone skin, the Normal Skin formula is for you. If you have oily skin, reach for the Oil Control formula. If you think those smell weird like I did, try the Sensitive formula.
Covergirl foundaion swatched and not blended
How it Really Works:
I found this foundation does provide a full-coverage look, but I usually still need some kind of concealer with it. It matches my lighter skin tone fairly well. It does sit heavy on the face for a good amount of time after application. Throughout the day, it does become less noticeable, whether you get used to it or it settles into skin, I'm not sure. This product does last me all day with little to no touch ups necessary. The best way I've found to apply this foundation is to use a small foundation/concealer brush to get the product out of the bottle and onto your face. Use this brush to dot it liberally over your face. I then use a makeup sponge to blend out the product. I tried to use a foundation brush to blend it out, but it didn't work well-the product didn't really blend out and left streaks across my face. The formula is fairly thick, so I think you just need a firmer hand than a foundation brush can provide in order to blend it out. The Sensitive Skin formula does not break me out or dry out my skin. I tend to have drier skin than oily skin so this does a nice job of moisturizing during the day. 


Covergirl foundation swatched and blended

The Bottom Line--Price:
I got my foundation from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (yes-they sell makeup! And they normally have a great 20% off coupon available!) for around $7. I've found that if I spend less for my foundation, I sacrifice staying power and my foundation won't last all day. I think the price is pretty reasonable for what you get. The foundation bottle is fairly large (30 mL/1 fl. oz. liq.), so you won't run through the bottle quickly. I've had mine for over two months and I still have plenty of product, probably one-fourth to half the bottle, left. I don't think you need to pay more than this for a foundation. There are many other great products in this price range from quality brands like Covergirl. There are so many foundations now that run for $15+, and if you can spend that then go for it. If you can't then I don't think you're missing out on anything. You can find a foundation with great coverage that will last you all day for less! I would definitely recommend this product. 

Other Info:
The bottle is glass, so be careful when traveling or moving it around your bathroom and hard floors.
On the Covergirl website, you can use their "Color Match" quiz and find your shade in all of their products, which is a handy tool!
The Covergirl Website: http://www.covergirl.com/
The Webpage for this product:  http://www.covergirl.com/cleanliquidmakeup-sensitive

No comments:

Post a Comment