Friday, February 22, 2013

Sally Girl and LA Colors Nail Polish Review! Plus MY FAVORITE NAIL POLISHES!

Sally Girl Review:
 
I recently picked up some stuff from Sally Beauty Supply from their "Sally Girl" line, including two nail polishes. These were $1 each and the colors don't have names. 
I've been searching for a nude/brown nail polish for a while now so I picked up the color on the left. It is a nice sand color with a little bit of gold. 
I've also been on the hunt for a dupe of Essie's Go Overboard. I swatched that one in the store a while back and thought I knew what it looks like, but I was way off when I picked up the nail polish on the left. Both colors from Essie and Sally Girl are blue-green but Essie's is way more blue and this one is way more green. I really do like this color though!


Both of these nail polishes from Sally Girl are pretty great! They have good pigmentation, and I only used 2 coats with the green color. They are really small bottles and you get 0.18 fl oz of polish, but the great pigmentation will keep you from having to apply a ton of coats. I really recommend these because even though they're small, you get a lot for your dollar! Sally's has a ton of other colors as well!

LA Colors Review:
Mega Watt by LA Colors

In my search for a nude nail polish I found LA Colors Mega Watt. It was in my dollar store and the bottle is full size (0.44 fl oz) so I was really excited to try it. When I put it on, I was thoroughly disappointed. There is almost no color in this at all! It looked like I had mixed in other colors with my top coat and it got dirty, then I put it on my nails! It was very thin and runny as well so it wouldn't even stay on my nails! I understand it's a one dollar product, but compared to the Sally Girl nail polish, I expect more. This is the only color I've tried from this brand, so I'm not writing them off completely, but I don't recommend this color!

MY FAVORITE NAIL POLISHES! 
I'm a nail polish junkie! I love them so much and I love it when my nails are done. The only problem is, I'm really bad at doing my own nails! I usually end up taking the color I want to my good friend and she does them for me.... There are several great brands that sell inexpensive nail polish that last just as long as brands like OPI and have the same great pigmentation!
Fusion Neon by Sinful Colors
My absolute favorite nail polish is Fusion Neon by Sinful Colors! Sinful Colors can be found in most drugstores, I picked mine up at Walgreens. They usually run for $1.50 to $2, but they go on sale a lot for $1! I also have a light purple color from them that is pretty good called Purple Diamond. Fusion Neon is a bright, matte, hot pink color that looks amazing!
I also love NYC's nail polish, I have a white and a red but the red is my favorite. It's called Big Apple Red Creme and it has great pigmentation and goes on smoothly. It lasts a pretty long time too!
My favorite summer colors usually come from Essence's Colour & Go line. I got several colors from Ulta, but Let's Get Lost (the blue color) and Ultimate Pink are my two favorites. These run for about $1 a piece and I got a few for few when I used my coupon from Ulta for spend $10 get $3.50 off. They usually run that coupon a few times a year so look for it in the mailer!
My most expensive polish is Teal the Cows Come Home by OPI. It is a really cute denim color with a little sparkle to it. I believe it cost between $6-$7 and I want to say I bought it at Ulta, but I'm not sure. I also love to layer this one over Let's Get Lost by Essence! It turns into a really deep, rich blue with a light shimmer!
For top/base coat, I use Sally Hansen Double Duty. I got this at Ulta for around $4 or $5. It works really well and makes your polish last forever! I recommend paying the $4 once and getting way more usage out of your polishes!

Let me know what your favorite nail polishes are! And if you've used any of LA Color's nail polishes and they worked for you, please give me the names! I love that they're just a dollar, but I want them to work! Be sure to check out my YouTube video of this linked below!!!!

Other Info:
My YouTube Review of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3orm0cN2Jik&feature=youtu.be
Sally Beauty Supply Website: http://www.sallybeauty.com/
LA Colors Website:http://www.lacolors.com/
Sinful Colors Website: http://www.sinfulcolors.com/
Essence Website: http://www.essence.eu/us/home.html
NYC Website: http://newyorkcolor.com/

OPI Website: http://www.opi.com/
Sally Hansen Website: http://sallyhansen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment