Friday, February 8, 2013

Normally I Don't Like to Pay More Than $2 for Lip Balm But....

I never understood why people pay SO much for lip balm! When EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balms came out, I thought I'd try them....until I saw the price. They're only $3 or $4, but I just didn't want to spend that on a lip balm.
Photo from http://www.blog.addicted2lipbalm.com.au/eos-lip-balms-now-available-in-australia-yay

As the hype kept going, I watched and read reviews of the product online and finally decided to break down and try it. I wanted the lemon flavored one, but NOBODY had it! I checked all the Walmarts, Targets, and Walgreens in my area without any luck! Thankfully, my mom is amazing and knew I was looking for it. She found it and bought it for me and I've been in love with it ever since!
First of all, the scent is amazing! The lemon is nice and citrus-y without being too powerful. It lingers for a little while after application and it just makes me happy to smell it.
Secondly, the lemon flavored one has SPF 15, which is always a plus. I believe lemon is the only scent that has SPF. 
Third, the packaging is adorable. It's so cute and still easy to carry, and I'm not surprised the egg shape has become so popular!

Photo from http://shoppingclothgirlz.multiply.com/products/listing/10049/EOS-LEMON

Fourth, and most importantly, it is an amazing moisturizer for your lips! It does not go on thick like tar or make you lips sticky like some balms. It goes on nice and smooth in a light layer, but you can still feel it working. It also lasts for a good while. With ChapStick and Carmex, I always find myself reapplying it several times a day especially in the winter. I only apply the EOS balm a few times a day, and one or two of those may be just so I can smell it again, or because it's so cute!

While the price is more than things like ChapStick and Carmex, it is definitely worth it! There is so much product (0.25 oz/7g) and it will last you a while! It will do wonders for your lips and protect you from the sun. It's both a solution for chapped lips and a preventative to help them stay silky smooth! If possible, I recommend working an EOS lip balm into your beauty budget!


Other Info:
I didn't take pictures of my personal EOS lip balm because I use it SO MUCH, it's gotten kinda dirty in my bag!
EOS Lip Balm website: http://evolutionofsmooth.com/
Page for this product: http://evolutionofsmooth.com/products/lipbalm-sphere/lemon-drop-spf.html

No comments:

Post a Comment