Tuesday, February 5, 2013

e.l.f. Tone Correcting Powder Review

Some Background:
As you will soon learn, I LOVE e.l.f. products! If you've never heard of e.l.f., it stands for Eyes Lips Face and is an amazing, affordable brand! You can go to their website: eyeslipsface.com or find many of their products at Target. I've found that the Targets in my area only sell their more basic products such as foundations, brushes, and eyeshadows. You won't find all of their collection in stores. If you want to buy a lot of products I suggest going online and placing an order. They typically offer free shipping or run a great promotional like 30% off or buy one get one free. Otherwise, shipping is always $6.95, no matter the size of your order. I ordered about 20-something products for only $30!

The Product:
The product I'm reviewing in this post is e.l.f.'s Tone Correcting Powder in the shade "cool." They also have this product in "warm" and "shimmer," but I picked this up at Target and it was the only shade available.
The packaging is really nice and sleek. It is not bulky so it can travel well and can be stored easily. The mirror is pretty good sized and also eliminates the need for a second hand mirror when traveling. It's very easy to throw this in your purse and be good for the rest of the day. The outer package is about 3.5" by 2.75."

How it's Supposed to Work:
Inside are four color blocks; yellow, blue, green, and pink. To apply, you swirl your powder brush over all four colors and then put the product on areas of discoloration or redness. The powder evens your skin tone and conceals larger problem areas than typical concealers. 

How it Really Works:
I have found that this product works really well! I have seen videos on it and heard great things so I thought I'd pick it up because I was having some redness on my face. This product provides you with a "clean slate" of sorts and is great to use for touch ups throughout the day. The powder is really light and does not give you a "cakey" feeling. I have fair skin and the shade works perfectly for me and did a wonderful job at covering up redness. It also works great over concealers to provide just a little extra layer of coverage.
When you use this, you should definitely apply a blush or bronzer as well because it can make your skin all one tone. It also tends to make your skin lighter, obviously the point, but you risk looking washed out if you use this product alone.
If used lightly enough, it can also serve as a setting powder if one is unavailable to you.

The Bottom Line--Price
This product is $3 both online and in stores! I got mine from Target, so I did not have to pay shipping. If this is the only thing you are purchasing and you have a store nearby, I recommend buying it there instead of paying over twice the price of the product for shipping.
I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a tone correcting powder or a little extra coverage you're not getting from foundation or concealers. It really works and of course, its a steal at only $3!

Other Info:
I tried to swatch the different colors, but they are not very pigmented. If you have used this product as well, let me know what you think!
Where to find online: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/makeup/face/powder

No comments:

Post a Comment