Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quick Tip: What Have I Been Doing All My Life?!

Maybe it's because I'm excited about ordering my blender sponges, but I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on sponges. The recurring theme is WET YOUR SPONGE! I can't believe I've never thought of that before! 
Even if you're using the triangle or circle sponges this works wonders. I'm still waiting for my faux "Beauty Blenders" to come in so I've been trying this with a regular white triangle sponge, and the difference is VERY noticeable! This will give you a more dewy look--it's not that dramatic, but be warned if you hate a dewy makeup finish.
When wet, the sponge doubles in size and has a softer feel, making it easier to apply things like liquid foundation or concealer. 
When I get my blender sponges, I may do a comparison of those versus the traditional triangle sponges, so stay tuned!

Triangle Sponges


Instructions:
Run the sponge under water-about room temp.
Squeeze as you wet it.
Take it out of the water and squeeze it until it's not dripping water.
Squeeze it one final time in a paper towel or hand cloth. 
You want the sponge to be damp, not soaked.
Use this to apply liquid and cream makeup! It's amazing and prevents that "cakey" look that liquids and creams often give!
To clean, just rinse the sponge again until the water runs clear. Using this method you can reuse your sponge more times than before! You're saving product by getting a more even coverage and you're saving money by not having to throw out sponges all the time!

Hope this helps! Let me know your beauty tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment